At UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital San Francisco, we try our best to help our patients and families feel as welcome and comfortable as they would at home. We rely on donations of new toys, books, stuffed animals, craft materials, and other items throughout the year, not just at the holidays. These donations are used in the hospital’s playroom, accredited school, and teen lounge by our therapists as part of a patient’s treatment plan. They are also used to comfort and entertain a child/patient during the hospital experience. Donations also make it possible for patients to select a gift following the completion of a procedure or to celebrate a significant event such as a birthday, holiday, or the end of treatment.
To better assist you with decisions regarding donations, please keep in mind:
1. Due to infection control guidelines for all of our patients, we cannot accept used items.
2. Items need to be in their original packaging.
3. We cannot accept toys that depict violence or inappropriate content.
4. Newborns, infants/toddlers, and adolescents are the age groups in greatest need.
5. We also cannot accept the following items: Food Products, Potted Plants, Latex Balloons.
6. For reasons, including patient safety, confidentiality, and the need for patient rest, we do not allow donors to deliver items directly to patients.
Please contact UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital San Francisco Child Life Department at 415-353-1203 for additional information.
The Concert for UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals has raised $60 million in just eight years.